- I follow the alertbox on useit.com - As a Brisbane website designer it is a great way to make sure the websites I create for clients remain grounded in the real world to deliver lasting results for clients. (more…)
Marketing in 2009Here are some facts that you've probably noticed or heard but lets put it all together...
- The Yellow Pages is slimming down, basically businesses know the Yellow Pages just doesn't work like it used to. Anyone with access to a computer uses their computer.
- In December 2008 - 8 million households in Australia (that's 75%) had internet access. So I reckon that's at least 75% less people using the yellow pages compared to pre-internet life... and this trend is continuing. Besides as the Yellow Pages hasn't shrunk by 75% yet you're less and less likely to even get called as the ratio of readers to advertisers gets worse and worse.
- Also, in 2006/07 87% of Australian Businesses had internet access. So it's not just at home that people use the web.
- Also in 2006/07 40% of Australian Business placed orders online.
- After some careful work to test various layouts and designs the new Matter Solutions Brisbane website is now online at www.mattersolutions.com.au As almost every part of the business is still managed by me I decided to take a new direction and feature prominently on the website, check it out. I've never had a professional photograph taken before. (more…)